SWBTS General Scholarship
To apply for the General Scholarship for fall 2013 please click on this link to access the application:
SWBTS General Scholarship Application. This application will be available from February 22, 2013 at 9 a.m. until March 31, 2013 at 5 p.m. Please insure that you carefully read the application process instructions below to insure that you submit the required documents in order for your application to be considered. You may contact the Financial Aid Office if you have any questions or concerns.
Office of Financial Aid
PO Box 22510
Fort Worth, TX 76122
817-923-1921 ext. 3080
The Application Process
Note: In order to receive the "General Scholarship" students must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be enrolled full time (9 hours for Graduate students, 12 hours for Undergraduate students, enrollment in seminars, projects or dissertation phase for doctoral level students).
- Currently Employed
- Have and maintain at least a 2.0 GPA.
***Please read the instructions carefully, as procedures and required information has been changed. Students are responsible for providing copies of required documents to the Office of Financial Aid***
- Complete and submit the on-line application and supporting documents between February 22, 2013 at 9 a.m. until March 31, 2013 at 5 p.m. Applications received after March 29, 2013 will not be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered. To complete the application you must use internet explorer, as other browsers may not be compatible with the application.
- Submit a copy of the first page of your 2012 tax return (Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, or 1099) prior to 5:00 p.m. on March 31, 2013. If you are a dependent and did not file a 2012 tax return, please provide a brief statement explaining that your parents still claim you, and list the amount of financial assistance they provided for you in 2012. (Be certain to include your parent’s contribution on the “Monthly income" section of the following application.) If you have not completed your 2012 tax return you must submit a copy of a 2012 W-2 for each working member of your family.
- Submit a copy of a recent pay stub (dated between February 22, 2013 until March 31, 2013) for each working member of your family prior to 5:00 p.m. on March 31, 2013.
- *****Tax information and a copy of your pay stub should be submitted together.*****
- Notification of awarded scholarships will appear on the Financial Aid Award Letter section of WebAdvisor after recipients have completed registration for the Fall 2013 term.
- Scholarship recipients are required to submit two copies of a Thank You Letter* to the Office of Financial Aid prior to 5:00 p.m. September 27, 2013. Students who are negligent in submitting Thank You Letters by this date (for any reason, including not checking reminder e-mail to be mailed to campus e-mail will have their scholarship removed, and will not be eligible for appeal. You may download the Thank You Letter Instructions by clicking here.