Spouse & Family FAQ

I need a job!  Can you help?

Southwestern has job options available for students and spouses.  For on-campus employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 817.923.1921 x6200 or stop by the office in Scarborough 111.  The representative will be able to give you a list of available jobs and employment benefits.  A list of available jobs can also be found at www.swbts.edu/offices/human-resources.   For a list of off-campus jobs, go to www.swbts.edu/offices/church-minister-relations.

I don’t want to be a full-time student, but can I just take a few classes?

Yes, you have several options available for you as a spouse.  You can take regular classes at the undergraduate and graduate level.  You also have the opportunity to gain a Certificate in Women’s Ministry or a Certificate in Education and Ministry.  For more information, go to www.swbts.edu/academics/schools/womens-programs.

How can I get connected with the Seminary community?

One great way to get involved is to join the intramural program through the RAC.  Also, seminary wives are invited to join Metochai, which is a group of ladies that meets once a month.  In addition to the regular meetings, Metochai plans different socials throughout the year for you and your spouse.  For more information, contact the Women’s Ministry office at 817.923.1921 x3600.

What if my family gets sick?

The Campus Medical Clinic at Southwestern is run by Dr. Knight with the assistance of two nurses.  Dr. Knight is an emergency room doctor and brings with him years of experience to the seminary community.  The clinic is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.  The cost is $15.00 per visit and you do not need to use your insurance.  For more information, go to www.swbts.edu/offices/campus-medical-clinic.

Is the RAC available for me?

Yes, the RAC (Recreation and Aerobics Center) is the center of student activities on campus and is available for you and your children.  Membership is included with the Student Campus Fee that your spouse pays each semester.  The RAC offers swimming lessons, aerobic classes, workout facilities, and other activities.  For more information, go to www.swbts.edu/campus-life/rac.

Established 1908 Fort Worth, Texas