New Student Orientation
Welcome to Southwestern Seminary
General Orientation will be on Tuesday, January 21, 2014. The information below is for the Fort Worth campus orientation. If you are attending classes at one of Southwestern's extension centers, click here for orientation information.
The goal of new student orientation is to help you get a head start as a student at Southwestern. During orientation, you will have the opportunity to meet Southwestern faculty and staff, get to know other students, and accomplish many of the tasks that will help you make the transition to a Southwestern student. Admission Ambassadors will be available in the Memorial Building rotunda to assist you with your student ID card, parking decals, information about student insurance, payment arrangements, and campus technology. Many of these items may be completed before the welcome day so you are encouraged to follow the link below for more information.
All new students are required to attend lunch at 11:30 a.m., during which time you will hear from our president, Dr. Paige Patterson, as well as have the opportunity to interact with faculty and our Admissions Ambassadors. In order to reserve your place for lunch, please click on the link below to register online.
We strongly encourage all new students to receive academic advising and register for classes before New Student Orientation. In order to be advised, please contact the Office of Admissions at 1.800.SWBTS.01, and an admissions ambassador will be happy to assist you. If you are unable to be advised before New Student Orientation, an advising session will be available following lunch.
- 11:30 a.m. - Lunch in Riley Center 150
- 12:30 p.m. - President Panel
- 1:00 p.m. - Academic Advising and Registration
Upcoming Student Life Events
- Movie Night: Tuesday, January 21 at 7:00 p.m. on the Gazebo Lawn (weather permitting; RAC backup location)
- Praise & Prayer Night: Thursday, January 23 at 7:00 p.m. in the Naylor Student Center
- Spring Kickoff - Friday, January 24 at 6:30 p.m. in the RAC
- For more upcoming Student Life events, visit www.swbts.edu/rac.